There are certain websites online today that the major search engines like Google and Bing use to verify the authenticity of other sites. Called directories, these websites have various vetting processes to verify sites that are submitted to them are real and legitimate sources of good information. One of the best ways for you to start getting traffic to your websites, such as your AgentID Site, is to submit them to these directories.
- You must have a Google account to submit your URL to the Google Search Console.
- Note: "Google adds new sites to our index, and updates existing ones, every time we crawl the web. If you have a new URL, tell us about it here. We don't add all submitted URLs to our index, and we can't make predictions or guarantees about when or if submitted URLs will appear in our index."
- You can only submit one site here unless you sign up for Bing Webmaster Tools.
- To review if your site has been successfully indexed here, you also will need to sign up for Bing Webmaster Tools.
- You will need a working phone number to add your business here.
Yelp and Google
- These directories are also good places to collect online reviews, which will greatly support your online reputation.
- Download our Google Reviews Cheat Sheet here.
- Download our Yelp Cheat Sheet here.
- Moz is a good tool to use after you've gone through the other directories to see what improvements need to be made to your site listings. Enter in your address then click on the "Incomplete" tab to see what directory listings you should improve upon in order to maximize your site's online credibility.
This resource is based off our November 15, 2017 Coaching Club Session, titled "Recharge Your Online Reputation." Check it out in the Resource Library for more information.