Instagram is the fastest growing social media network today, and perhaps more importantly, it's the one with the most engaged audience. For real estate professionals looking to implement a omnipresent marketing strategy to build trust with your network, Instagram is a must-have.
Learn more about using Instagram for real estate in our July 19, 2017 Member Training Session.
Once you have setup your Instagram account, you can start posting to it. At this time, you can only publish an Instagram post using the mobile app.
Finding the Instagram Post in the Monthly Value Program
For each Monthly Value Program, we provide you with a post to add on Instagram. To get the copy (words) and image for each Instagram post in the Monthly Value Program you will need to download two files from the month's campaign you wish to use:
- The Support File
- The Instagram Image
So, for example, if you wanted to use the February 2018 Monthly Value Program, you would take the following steps:
- Login to your Paperless Agent Dashboard
- Click on the course card titled "Monthly Value Program"
- Select the chapter titled "February 2018 - Home Design Trends to Watch in 2018"
- Click the section titled "DOWNLOAD: Campaign Collateral"
- Click the "Download" button next to the Support File and Instagram Image
Sharing the Instagram Post from the Monthly Value Program (Step-by-Step Instructions)
Since you can only publish posts to Instagram from the mobile app, we recommend emailing yourself the post copy and image to make it super simple. You will need to have your email connected to your phone.
- Open the Support File and scroll to the page titled "Instagram Post"
- Copy the text there, making sure to include the hashtags
- Open a new email and address it to yourself
- Paste the text from the Support File into the body of the email
- Edit the text as necessary for your market (i.e. changing the recommended local tags, adding your own flair)
- Attach the Instagram image to the email
- Hit "Send"
- On your phone, open the email you just sent
- Save the image to your phone
- Copy the text from the body of the email
- Open Instagram and start a new post
- Select the image from your Camera Roll
- Hit "Next"
- Add a filter if you want, but it's not necessary
- Hit "Next"
- Paste the text from the email into the post's text area
- We recommend tagging yourself and adding your location to this post
- Choose "Share" when ready
Sharing the Instagram Post from the Monthly Value Program (Visual Instructions)
Step 6 from above
Step 8 from above
Step 10 from above
Step 9 from above